At the June 2011 Geek Dinner, GreenBytes CEO/CTO Bob Petrocelli gave us an overview of GreenBytes, the Ashaway-based provider of high-performance, energy-efficient inline deduplication data storage appliances. I caught up with him after his talk to learn more about GreenBytes.
Photo credit: Jef Nickerson
What do you do after you build a highly profitable 160-person software company, responsible for pioneering standards and products for the management of cardiovascular disease?
After selling Westerly-based Heartlab in 2005 to Agfa for $132.5 million, RI native Bob Petrocelli didn’t hit the beaches of South County. No, he quickly took on the next big challenge – fixing the data storage and energy efficiency crises facing today’s IT operations.
At the June Geek Dinner, GreenBytes CEO/CTO Bob Petrocelli will give an overview of GreenBytes, the Ashaway-based provider of high-performance, energy-efficient inline deduplication data storage appliances. He’ll highlight GreenBytes’ GB-X Series storage appliances, featuring the world’s fastest, most efficient next-generation Hybrid Storage Architecture (HSA).
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.