At the June 2012 Geek Dinner, two of Splitwise‘s co-founders, Jon Bittner and Ryan Laughlin, explained how they take the pain out of sharing expenses with their awesome mobile and web-based tracking tools, as well as occasionally-dispensed sage advice about to equitably split expenses. I caught up with them after their talk to get some more details. [Video link]
Fear no more. It’s Providence-based Splitwise to the rescue.
By perusing its mission to take the pain out of sharing expenses, the Splitwise team has made a national name for themselves as “fairness experts.” Thousand of users currently rely not only on Splitwise’s awesome mobile & web-based tracking tools, but also on their sage advice about to equitably split expenses.
At the June Geek Dinner this coming Wednesday, CEO Jon Bittner will tell the history of Splitwise, give an overview of the startup today, and demo – for the first time ever – their new web platform.
Disclosure: Splitwise is a recent graduate of Betaspring, a Providence-based startup accelerator, in which I’m a Partner.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.