Happy New Year, everyone! We’re going to get 2014 kicked off right with another awesome presenter.
Accessibility Now, a Providence-based company, has undertaken the noble task of helping to make the world’s web sites accessible to all users regardless of their abilities. To that end, their team has burned the midnight oil for the past three years building the world’s most powerful, automated Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 scanning service. This Winter marks the beginning of their product rollout.
At the January Geek Dinner on Wednesday, Founder and CEO Mark Shapiro will tell the Accessibility Now story, demo the service, and give a sneak peek of where they’re headed next.
Disclosure: I’m a Partner at Betaspring, where we’re proud to call Accessibility Now an alumnus.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.