Photo by Daehyun Park on Flickr. Some rights reserved.
Wednesday, March 18, 5:30 – 8pm
AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FREE (buy your own food and drink – it’s cheap)
RSVP at Facebook
One of Rhode Island’s premiere startups returns for this month’s Geek DInner after its first presentation over six years ago. And man, have they been busy…
Today from its Jewelry District headquarters, ShapeUp‘s (formerly Shape Up The Nation) 100+ person team has firmly established itself as a heavyweight in the rapidly growing corporate wellness industry. In use by over 3 million employees at major corporations across 138 countries, ShapeUp’s social wellness platform provides a powerful suite of employee wellbeing offerings, including fitness & nutrition challenges, stress management programs, mobile apps, integrated wearable devices, and a robust financial incentive management system.
At the March Geek Dinner on Wednesday the 18th, ShapeUp Founder & CEO Rajiv Kumar MD and Ned McConnell, Application Architect, will give an overview of ShapeUp today, a demo of their impressive offering, and a sneak peek at where the company is headed next.
See you there! (And be sure to come on the early side as ShapeUp will be buying a round or two before the presentation.)
… and while you’re there, please like our Facebook page. If you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com, with your name and affiliation. As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 25 min presentation + q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great).
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.